Student Union President
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
My experience of serving the Buckingham community also includes the following:
- Student Representative for the Board of Humanities and Social Sciences (2018—2019)
- Vice President and co-founder of the Free Speech Society (2019)
- Co-President of the English Literature Society (2018—19)
- Secretary & co-founder of Buckingham’s first Pride Society (2018—19)
- Vice President of the Psychology Society (2017—18)
- Student Ambassador (2018—2020)
My role as President
- Representing students at Senate and Council; regular liaison with senior staff at the University
- Chairing the full executive committee meetings
- Communicating to students via social media live updates and more formally via ‘students-announce’ emails
- Direct communication with individual students, often signposting them to relevant University departments
- Actioning student feedback directly and feeding it back to the SU and senior staff
- Representing Buckingham students to external bodies, and to the town
- Working with the executive team to approve grant applications and new society applications
- Serving as Student Happiness Champion
- Ensure an effective transition to a new SU constitution, where the Union will have independence over its financial decisions.
- Effective representation and advocacy of the Students’ Union and students.
- Ensure that students feel connected to the SU and have a direct line of contact to their elected officers.